Briskets are $129 + tax/shipping. Our whole briskets weigh 8-9 lbs and feed about 20-25 people with typical sides. A pint of sauce is included with each order. If you are a business looking to send a distinct and memorable gift to one or more clients, visit our business gift page.
The Woodpile difference
- We use better meat: Our Natural Certified Angus Beef comes from 100% Angus cattle raised on small family farms, grain fed and never given antibiotics or hormones. You can taste the difference, feel the tenderness and rest easy knowing what you’re eating.
- We let you finish the cooking: We smoke our well trimmed briskets low and slow over an all wood fire, not gas. Your brisket will be pulled off right before it’s done so we can flash freeze and vacuum pack it. We let you complete the cooking in your oven so the brisket remains moist, has a nice bark (crust) and doesn’t require basting in sauce.
- Our briskets cost a little more because they cost us a little more. We use better beef and cook in small batches. Most of our competitors use commodity, select grade beef and get volume discounts because they cook 100′s of briskets a day.
- I am looking for a special gift for my business clients. Do you handle business orders? Yes, please visit our dedicated page for business client gifts.
- What forms of payment do you accept? All major credit cards.
- What if I want to pickup the brisket in Austin at your trailer? Use discount code localpickup during checkout to remove the shipping charges. Your order can be picked up on Saturday. We will reply to your order to confirm pickup date/time/location.
- Is your rub overly peppery, spicy or salty? No. Our rub has a nice balanced flavor.
- Why does a brisket not absorb smoke after about 8 hours on a pit? After about 8 hours (depending on the temperature a brisket is cooked at), it begins expelling moisture, rather than drawing moist, smokey air in. During the last few hours, a brisket only needs consistent heat, not smoke, to finish.
- Will I need to do anything besides put the thawed brisket on a broiler pan in a hot oven? No. We recommend finishing the brisket at 245 degrees, with adjustments as needed for your particular oven or altitude. You will not need to baste or do anything else. While the instructions that come with your brisket will include an estimated cook time, we recommend use of a food thermometer or temperature probe to pull the brisket out at the optimum finishing temperature of 195. You’ll want to let it rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- How should I slice the finished brisket? The instructions that come with your brisket will include slicing directions. We recommend slicing against the grain, angled towards the point slicing as thinly as possible without the slices falling apart.
- Why do you only ship on Tuesdays? So we can have a life… and to be sure briskets do not sit in trucks or warehouses over the weekend.. If you have a special request, email us.
- Can you ship a brisket as a gift? Absolutely and may we compliment you on good gift giving taste. Just promptly reply to your order confirmation email and let us know of any special instructions.
What to expect on arrival
- Each brisket is packed in an insulated shipping box with dry ice. Briskets that arrive in 1-2 days will arrive fully frozen. Briskets that arrive in 3 days will arrive slightly thawed.
- Every brisket includes a note from Levi, Owner & Pitmaster, with instructions for final preparation in your oven and slicing. Briskets will need to be thawed 48-72 hours in your refrigerator and then cooked in your oven for a few hours on a broiler pan. That’s it. Because a brisket does not absorb smoke after about 8 hours on the pit, your oven will work perfectly to finish up the last few hours of cooking.
- Aroused senses, delighted taste buds and maybe a brawl. The hardest part of all this is selecting who to share it with and not making enemies. The good news is we can repeat the process and send you more to make amends.
- We ship briskets on Tuesday only, regardless of the date your order. Orders received on Tuesday or later will be shipped the following Tuesday.
- Orders typically arrive by Friday via FedEx or UPS.
- You will receive an email with tracking information upon shipment.
- Shipping charges are typically $20-30 and are calculated at checkout.
- Tax is only charged for shipments within Texas.
- If you would like to order more than two briskets, live in Alaska or Hawaii or have other special requests, please email us for a custom quote.